The Cold Meat Stuffed Chicken is perfect to serve on special occasions. It provides ornamental value to your buffet table and it tastes just yum. If you have leftovers (I bet you don’t), you can always make some sandwiches with the meat.
Serves – 4 to 6 persons
Prep. Time – 30 Mins. + overnight (marination)
Cooking Time – 60 Mins.
- Dressed Chicken – 1 kg.
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp.
- Butter (cold solid – cut into mini cubes) – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Mixed Cold Meats of your choice (chopped) – 150 gms.
- Veg Stock Cube – 1 small (dissolved in 1 ½ cups warm water)
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Clean the chicken well and prick it with a sharp pointed knife.
Step 2: Make a mixture of the ginger-garlic paste, lime juice and black pepper powder. Rub this mixture all over the chicken inside and out. Rub well. Marinate overnight.
Step 3: Take the butter cubes and insert it between the skin and flesh at different locations all around the chicken.
Step 4: Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the cold meats. Seal the opening with toothpicks or stitch the opening with a thread and needle.
Step 5: Take a deep non-stick pan. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, place the whole chicken in it and brown it a bit on both sides.
Step 6: Pour in the warm stock. Cover and cook on low heat for 45 to 50 minutes till the meat is cooked. When the chicken is cooked, open the lid and cook till the remaining liquid dries out and the chicken is slightly browned.
- Those who eat bacon, can used 4 bacon rashers in the dish. Chop two rashers and mix with the cold meat for the filling. The other two rashers of bacon can be placed between the skin and flesh of the legs.
Leave a Reply