The Baked Chicken Meatballs are a healthier option than fried ones. They are delicious and can be served as starters. They are super easy to make and you’ll want to try these out pronto.
Yield: 20 Balls
Prep. Time: 20 Mins
Baking Time: 20 Mins
[ Standard Measure: 1 cup = 250 ml ]
- Chicken Mince – 450 gms
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 medium
- Corriander Leaves (chopped) – 4 tbsp.
- Light Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 2 to 4
- Red Chilly Flakes – 2 tsp.
- Sriracha / Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Ketchup – 2 tbsp.
- Small Bread Slices – 4 + 4
- Egg (lightly beaten) – 1
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Oil – a little
- Salt – 1 tsp.
Step 1: Break and soak 4 slices of the bread in the milk.
Step 2: Take the other 4 slices and pulse them in your mixer to make the fresh bread crumbs.
Step 3: Take it in a bowl. Squeeze the bread soaked in milk and add to it.
Step 4: Add the green chillies, corriander, chilly flakes, ketchup, Sriracha and mix well.
Step 5: Now add the beaten egg and mix. Then add the fresh breadcrumbs and mix again.
Step 6: Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper. Oil your palms. Divide the mixed mince into about 20 portions and shape each portion into a ball and place on the baking tray.
Step 7: Pre-heat the oven to 200° C for 10 minutes and then place the baking tray into it and bake at 180° C for 20 minutes. Serve hot with your favourite dip.
- You can adjust the amount of red chilly flakes and green chillies to your taste.