Bourbon Knockout is a cocktail that needs just a few common ingredients. It is mildly sweet – sour – minty and woody (the taste of the bourbon). The cinnamon garnish also adds a mild flavour. Top with as much ice as you like and enjoy. Cheers!
Yield: 1 Cocktail
Prep. Time: 3 Mins.
Mixing Time: 3 Mins.
- Bourbon / Whisky – 60 ml
- Simple Syrup (check note) – 60 ml
- Lime (wedges) – 2 (½ Lime)
- Mint Leaves – 3 to 4 + a sprig
- Cinnamon Stick – 3 inch (optional, for garnish)
- Ice – as much as you like.
Step 1: Take the lime wedges and mint leaves in your cocktail shaker and muddle it.
Step 2: Then add the syrup, bourbon and ice. Close the shaker and shake it for a few seconds.
Step 3: Strain and add to a glass. Top with more ice as required. Throw in the cinnamon stick and serve.
- To make simple syrup take ½ cup each of sugar and water in a pan and place on medium heat. Cook till the sugar melts. Switch off the heat. Cool and use in your cocktails and mocktails or transfer to a clean jar and refrigerate for upto 15 days.
Leave a Reply