IFC – Ina’s Fried Chicken is my quick fix fried chicken recipe that all my boys love. You can serve it as a snack or as a side. It’s also a great to serve with drinks as nibbles.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 25 Mins
Cooking Time: 5 Mins
- Chicken (breast, boneless) – 500 gms
- Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder – 1 ½ to 2 tsp.
- Garlic (crushed to a paste) – 2 tsp.
- Light Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp. (check note)
- Lime / White Vinegar – 2 tsp.
- Corn Flour – 3 to 4 tbsp.
- Rice Flour – 2 tbsp.
- Egg – 1
- Red Food Colour – a pinch
- Oil – as needed for deep frying
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
Step 1: Wash and drain well. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
Step 2: Marinate the chicken pieces with the salt, chilly powder, garlic paste, soya sauce and the lime or vinegar for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Next add the egg and mix. Then add 3 tbsp. of corn flour and the 2 tbsp. of rice flour (Add 1 tbsp. more of corn flour if needed). Mix well to coat the pieces and then leave aside for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Heat oil in a frying pan and when hot fry the chicken pieces (a few at a time) for 2 minutes. Then remove and let the oil heat again. Fry the semi-fried chicken pieces once again for 1 more minute. Serve hot.
- If using Dark Soya Sauce, use half the quantity.
- Ginger is deliberately not added.