This is a recipe for a No Bake Yoghurt Cheese Cake. It is a delicious dessert which will take very little time or effort to make.
Serves: 8 Persons
Prep. Time: 30 Min.
[ Standard Measure : 1 cup = 250 ml ]
- Hung Curds (see note) – 750 gms
- Milk Cream [Fresh Cream] – 250 gms
- Condensed Milk – 400 gms
- Gelatin – 13 gms
- Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp.
- For the Base:
- Digestive Biscuits – 200 gms
- Melted Butter – 100 gms
Step 1: Spray a 9 inch ring mould with oil. Cover one side with 2 to 3 layers of foil.
Step 2: Crush / Powder the biscuits and transfer to a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix well. Transfer to the mould and spread evenly with a spoon and press. Keep the mould in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the base to set.
Step 3: Take ¼ cup cold water in a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let it bloom.
Step 4: Melt the gelatin using a double boiler. The gelatin has to just melt. Do not overheat it as it will stink and go bad (also never heat it on direct flame).
Step 5: Whisk the hung curds, milk cream and condensed milk till smooth. Add the vanilla essence and mix. Then fold in the melted gelatin. Pour this mixture into the mould over the biscuit crust. Put the mould into the refrigerator and let it rest for 4 to 5 hours before unmoulding.
- Take 1 kg of thick curds and place it on a fine mesh sieve with a vessel below. Cover and keep this in the refrigerator overnight so that all the excess water drains out and use the thick curds in this recipe.
- You can serve with any seasonal fruit or canned fruit of your choice.