Indo-Chinese preparation that all will relish. You can cook the paneer chilly dry as a starter or as a gravy to accompany your main course Chinese dish.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 10 Mins.
Cooking Time: 15 Mins.
- Malai Paneer [Cottage Cheese] (cubed) – 250 gms.
- Capsicum (sliced or cubed) – 1 medium
- Onion (sliced or cubed) – 1 medium
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tsp.
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 4 tsp.
- Green Chillies (slit into 2) – 3 to 4
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Red Chilly Sauce – ½ tbsp.
- Green Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp.
- White Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Stock – 150 ml (2 small stock cubes dissolved in hot water)
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. (dissolved in ¼ cup water – slurry)
- All Purpose Flour(maida) – 2 tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp.
Step 1: Take 2 tbsp. cornflour, maida and the pepper powder and mix well. Sprinkle ½ tsp. salt on the paneer pieces and coat them well with the flour mixture.
Step 2: Heat a tbsp. of oil in a shallow pan and fry the paneer pieces on all sides, on medium heat till the outside is crisp. (Takes around 5 to 6 minutes). See that all the sides are cooked. Remove and keep aside.
Step 3: In the same pan, add a tbsp. of oil. Sauté the ginger and 3 tsp. garlic for a minute on medium heat. Add the green chillies and sauté for another minute. Add the onions and sauté and then add the capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Add all the sauces and mix well. Add the paneer and toss well.
(Stop here if you want a dry preparation. Garnish with green corriander)
Step 5: Pour in the hot stock and 1 tsp. garlic. Add vinegar and stir in the slurry till it thickens and is glossy.
Garnish with green corriander. Serve with fried rice or noodles.
Tried your paneer chilly, kingfish cutlets, moongachi gathi. All turned out great! Loved it.
Thanks. Also remember to subscribe to the newsletter. Newly posted recipes will appear in your inbox. Gmail sends my mail to the inbox but Microsoft sends them to the spam folder. So also do check out the spam folder.