Chicken is cooked in an onion, cashewnut and curd gravy to make the Chicken Nawabi. The preparation is smooth (no whole spices or meat bones to deal with) and can be relished with rotis or parathas. Kids and elders will love this mild yet flavorsome preparation.
Serves: 6 Persons
Prep. Time: 20 Mins + Marination
Cooking Time: 40 Mins
[ Standard Measure : 1 cup = 250 ml ]
- Chicken (thighs, boneless) – 750 gms
- Onion (ground to a paste) – 3 medium
- Green Corriander (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp.
- Red Chilly Powder [Kashmiri] – ¾ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp.
- Thick Curds (lightly beaten) – 1 ½ cup
- To be ground to a fine paste:
- Ginger – ¾ inch
- Garlic – 9 to 10 cloves
- Light Green Chillies – 3 to 4
- Cashew Nuts – 6 to 9 (whole)
- Oil – 4 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Marinate the chicken with salt, the ground paste and the garam masala, turmeric and chilly powders. Add the beaten curd and ½ of the green corriander and mix well. Leave aside for at least an hour.
Step 2: Later, heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and saute the onion paste on medium heat till the raw smell disappears and it turns light brown.
Step 3: Now add the chicken with its marinade and mix on medium heat till the chicken changes colour.
Step 4: Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes) on low heat. Check for salt and add if required. Garnish with green corriander and serve hot with your choice of bread.
YOU GIVE YOUR RECIPES BUT WHY BLOCK COPY AND PASTE. DIFFICULT TO WRITE
REQUEST ALLOW THIS ACCESS
In our website’s infancy, we left it all open. But there are so many plagiarizers all around who copy entire recipes verbatim and use the pictures too. Hence the restriction. One can always use a smart phone / tablet in the kitchen instead of printing or writing down the recipes. All the best!