The Restaurant Style Mushroom Vegetable Stir Fry is a quick recipe using some exotic vegetables. It tastes exactly the way it would at a premium restaurant. It can be served as a warm salad or you can serve it as a side with steaks or in sizzlers.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
- Vegetables to Steam:
- Broccoli – 150 gms
- Carrots – 150 gms
- Baby Corn – 100 gms
- Sweet Corn Kernels – 50 gms
- Other Vegetables:
- Red Capsicum (Bell Pepper) – 150 gms
- Yellow Capsicum (Bell Pepper) – 150 gms
- Zucchini – 150 gms
- Bok Choy – 100 gms
- Button Mushrooms – 200 gms
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 10 to 12 cloves
- Aromat Seasoning Powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Oregano – 1 tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder (coarse) – 1 ½ tsp.
- Butter (salted) – 3 tbsp.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
Step 1: Prep all the vegetables as shown in the pictures. You need to have all ingredients ready and at hand so that you can add them quickly.
Step 2: Steam the prepped broccoli, carrots, baby corn and sweet corn kernels in a steamer for 8 to 10 minutes. Then pour cold water over them and keep aside.
Step 3: Place a wok / pan on high heat. Add the oil and then the butter. Stir till the butter melts.
Step 4: Add the chopped garlic and oregano and saute for 15 seconds.
Step 5: Next the mushroom and continue sautéing on high heat for 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. Aromat Seasoning Powder and toss.
Step 6: Add the zucchini and toss / stir for a minute. Next add the Bok Choy and toss / stir for a minute.
Step 7: Now add the yellow and red capsicum and toss / stir on high heat for a minute.
Step 8: Add the steamed veggies and season with ½ tbsp. Aromat Seasoning Powder, pepper and salt. Toss / stir. Switch off heat. Serve warm.
- Do not add salt while sautéing the mushrooms. They will release water. Salt is to be added only at the end.
- Aromat Seasoning Powder must be used to give it that restaurant flavor. If not available (though it is in all supermarkets) you can use a crushed stock cube.
Watch the Video