The Goan Macaroni Soup – with a twist is derived from the simple Goan Macaroni Soup (click here). What I have done here is added some light soya sauce, corn flour and an egg white to give it a Chinese like rendition. You can serve this soup with some chilly-vinegar or some extra soya sauce.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 20 Mins.
Cooking Time: 25 Mins.
[ Standard Measure : 1 cup = 250 ml ]
- Chicken Stock (click here) – 750 ml
- Macaroni – ⅓ cup
- Carrot (julienned) – ½
- Cabbage (shredded) – ½ cup
- Spring Onion Greens (chopped) – 2 tbsp.
- Corriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp. (optional)
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp.
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp.
- Egg White – 1
- Light Soya Sauce – 1 to 2 tsp.
- Salt – to taste
Step 1: Cook the pasta / macaroni is just enough water till done. Then drain and keep aside.
Step 2: In a pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil and add the pepper powder, carrot and shredded cabbage. Cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
Step 3: Then add the cooked macaroni and continue cooking uncovered for another 5 minutes.
Step 4: Now add the soya sauce. Dissolve the corn flour in ¼ cup water to make a slurry and add to the pot and stir continuously till the soup thickens.
Step 5: Beat the egg white and pour into the pot. Stir continuously. Check for salt and add if needed.
Step 6: The add the chopped spring onion greens and cook for 2 minutes. Finally add the corriander leaves (optional) and serve hot.
- To use stock cubes, dissolve 1 to 2 of them in 750 ml hot water and then use.
- You can add some shredded chicken also.