This is the Indianized version of the fish chilly recipe. It can be served with Fried Rice. Follow simple steps to make this dish in no time.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 20 Mins.
Cooking Time: 10 to 12 Mins.
Batter Fried Boneless Fish (see here)
- Green Bell Pepper (cut into 1 inch cubes) – 1 medium
- Green Chillies (cut slanted) – 4 to 5 (or to your liking)
- Spring Onion Whites (chopped) – 2
- Spring Onion Greens (chopped fine) – 2
- Garlic (finely minced) – 1 ½ tbsp. (18 to 20 cloves)
- Soya Sauce – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Green Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Stock cubes – 2 small (dissolved in 300 ml. hot water) OR Fish Stock – 300 ml.
- Synthetic White Vinegar – 1 tsp. or to taste
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp. (dissolved in ¼ cup warm water)
- Oil (pref. sesame) – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – ¼ tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Heat the oil in a pan/wok suitable to make the sauce. Add the finely chopped garlic and sauté for a minute on low heat. Add the spring onion whites, capsicum and green chillies and sauté on high heat for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add soy sauce, green chilly sauce and stir. Add the warm hot stock and bring to a boil.
Step 3: Add white vinegar and season if required. Finally add the cornflour slurry and stir continuously on medium heat till the sauce thickens to a consistency of your choice. The sauce should look glossy.
Step 4: Add the batter fried fish. Mix lightly and switch off the heat. Sprinkle the spring onion greens.