Chinese cuisine has gained popularity in India like no other foreign cuisine. From street vendors to the luxury hotels, all have Chinese dishes on their menu. This is a Indianized version of the much loved Mushroom Fried Rice.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 15 Mins.
Cooking Time: 12 to 15 Mins. (active)
- Rice for Fried Rice (click here)
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 1
- Button Mushrooms (sliced finely) – 200 gms.
- Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1
- French Beans (finely chopped) – 6
- Spring Onions (finely chopped) – 4
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 medium
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 10 cloves
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp.
- Green Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp.
- White Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Sesame Oil or Other – 4 tbsp.
- Black Peppercorns (crushed) – 1 ½ tsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp. or to taste.
Step 1: Heat a tbsp. of oil in a wok or non-stick pan. Sauté the mushrooms on high heat, with ½ tsp. of salt. The mushrooms will release its juices. Sauté until dry.
Step 2: Next add the soya sauce and ½ tsp. pepper. Sauté for a minute and transfer into a bowl.
Step 3: In the same wok, heat the remaining oil. Add the chopped garlic and stir fry. Once it starts browning, add the chopped onion and sauté for a minute. Then add the carrots and sauté for a minute. Add the beans and sauté.
Step 4: Season with salt, pepper. Add the mushrooms and sauté well. Add the remaining soya sauce, green chilly sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
Step 5: Finally add the cooked rice and toss or mix lightly so that the grains don’t break.
Serve hot with Chinese Gravy.
Send me on my mail Id
Everything you need is here on http://www.bigfattummy.com All you need to do is do a search or browse through the Index.