A simple to make and tasty dish. You are going to love the Ginger Honey Fish. Specially good for the cold season.
Serves: A Family of Four
Prep. Time: 20 Mins. + 30 Mins. (marination)
Cooking Time: 20 Mins.
- Boneless Sea Bass Fillet (cubed) – 300 gms.
- Lime Juice – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Egg – 1
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp.
- Maida (APF) – 2 tbsp.
- Red Chilly Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
- Oil – for deep frying
- Green Bell Pepper (cubed) – ½ of medium sized
- Yellow Bell Pepper (cubed) – ½ of medium sized
- Red Bell Pepper (cubed) – ½ of medium sized
- Green Chillies (cut slanted) – 2
- Spring Onion White (chopped) – 2
- Spring Onion Green (chopped fine) – 2
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 2 tsp.
- Ginger Juice – 1 tbsp.
- Red Chilly Paste – 2 tsp.
- White Vinegar – 2 tsp.
- Honey – ½ tbsp.
- Stock cubes – 2 small (dissolved in 300 ml. hot water) OR Fish Stock – 300 ml.
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp. (dissolved in ½ cup water)
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – ¼ tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Wash and pat dry the fish. Apply 1 tsp. salt and 1 ½ tbsp. lime juice and marinate refrigerated for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Make a smooth batter with all the ingredients except the oil, listed under coating.
Step 3: Heat oil in a pan. Dip the fish in the batter and deep fry the cubes for 1 ½ to 2 minutes on medium heat. The fish should be white and flaky when it’s done. Place the fried fish on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 4: Heat a tbsp. of oil in a pan. Add the ginger and stir for a few seconds on high heat. Add the vegetables except the spring onion greens and sauté for 30 seconds. Lower the heat to medium and add the red chilly paste. Sauté for a minute.
Step 5: Add the stock, honey, vinegar, salt and mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil. Thereafter lower the heat. Add the fish followed by the slurry. Stir lightly till it is thick and glossy. Add the ginger juice and spring onion greens. Turn off the heat.