With the use of a few ingredients to make a marinade and some roasting in the oven, you will have a wonderful Chicken Cashew Corriander Roast. I have used the leg portion of the chicken with the skin on as use of such will give us a soft, mildly flavoured juicy chicken roast.
Yield: 8 pieces
Prep. Time: 20 Mins. + Marination
Cooking Time:40 to 50 Mins.
- Whole Chicken Legs (with skin) – 1 kg
- Grind together for the Marinade:
- Cashew Nuts – 10 to 12
- Green Corriander – 2 cups
- Garlic – 12 cloves
- Lime Juice – 2 limes (medium sized)
- Zest – of 1 lime
- Black Pepper Corns – 1 tsp.
- Olive Oil – ¼ cup + 1 tbsp.
- Carrots (small) – a few as needed
- Crushed Black Pepper – ¼ tsp.
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 to 1 ½ tsp.
Step 1: Cut each leg into two, wash and pat dry. Make small incisions in the flesh so that the marinade penetrates.
Step 2: Take the chicken in a bowl and add the marinade paste and the zest of the lime and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
Step 3: Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and place the marinated chicken on it. Dot the chicken here and there with the butter and also drizzle 1tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle the crushed pepper.
Step 4: Roast in a pre-heated oven place on the middle rack at 190°c for 40 to 45 minutes. Later switch your oven to grill mode and shift the tray closer to the grill to grill for 3 to 4 minutes till light golden.
- The cooking time in the oven will vary depending upon the size of the legs. We grilled for around 50 minutes when we had 4 legs in 1 kg.