If you have had deep fried prawns with the shell on, you will relate to me when I say that the fried crabs taste simply yummy. Simple to make and serve as a snack/appetiser or as a side when eating a xitt-kodi (Goan for rice & curry).
Serves: 2 to 4 Persons
Prep. Time: 10 Mins. + marination
Cooking Time: 20 Mins.
- Sea Crabs (cleaned) – 4 big sized (about 600 gms with the shell)
- For the Marinade:
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
- Black Pepper (coarsely ground) – ½ tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Juice of 1 big lime.
- Salt – ¼ tsp. or to taste
- Wheat Flour – as needed
- Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp.
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the crabs in the paste for 20 to 30 minutes.
Step 2: Heat the oil in a pan. Coat the crab pieces with the atta (flour) and fry on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
- Do not add too much salt.