This egg tawa fry recipe makes boiled eggs yummier. You can serve the egg tawa fry as a side dish with rice, or serve it with chapatis or you can even stuff it between sliced bread or pao (toasted or otherwise) to make a tasty sandwich. And best of all it is quick and easy to make.
Serves: 2 to 4 Persons
Prep. Time: 15 Mins.
Cooking Time: 6 Mins.
- Eggs (hard boiled, peeled & quartered) – 4
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2 ½ + ½ medium
- Tomato (finely chopped) – ½ medium
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 1 to 2
- Green Corriander (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp.
- Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Corriander Seed Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – a pinch
- Chaat Masala – ¼ tsp.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp. or to taste
Step 1: Heat an iron tawa / skillet. When hot add the oil and butter. Add 2 ½ of the chopped onions and 1 tbsp. green corriander and sauté on medium heat till the onion is translucent.
Step 2: Add the powdered masalas except the pepper powder and chaat masala. Sauté for a few seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for a minute on low heat. Next add the ½ chopped onion (this is for the crunch) and sauté for a few seconds.
Step 3: Now add the quartered boiled eggs and coat with the fried mixture (don’t move the eggs around too much, instead spoon the mixture over the eggs – so that the white and yolk is not separated)
Step 4: Sprinkle the black pepper powder and the chaat masala and switch off the heat. Garnish with green corriander.