The sea bass is easy to fillet. The flesh is succulent, without the overpowering taste of fish. That is why it is a hit in our house, the children included. They devour the sea bass fillet rava fried without any fuss. Try out this easy to make recipe of Sea Bass Fillet Rava Fried.
Servings : 5 to 6 portions
Prep. Time : 10 Mins. + 30 Mins. (marination)
Cooking Time : 15 Mins. (active)
- Sea Bass Fillet – 400 gms.
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Black Pepper (fresh and coarsely ground) – 1 tbsp.
- Juice of Two Limes
- Semolina [rava] – as needed
- Oil – 4 to 6 tbsp.
- Sea Salt – ¾ tbsp.
Step 1: Mix all ingredients except the fillet and the semolina and make a paste for the marinade.
Step 2: Cut the fillet to required portions and rub the marinade over it covering it fully on all sides. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Roll the fish in semolina and keep aside for 5 minutes.
Step 5: Heat oil on a flat pan and fry the fish on medium heat for no more than 2 to 3 minutes, each side.
Serve Hot. The coating will be crisp and the fish will be succulent.
- If using a pan without a non-stick coating, remember to heat the pan before putting the oil on it.
- The oil should be hot but not smoking hot. Add a few grains of semolina in the oil to check if the temperature is right. The rava should not char.
- The time taken to fry the slices will depend on the thickness of the fillet. My fillet was about 1.5 to 2 cm. thick. Fry only 2 to 3 pieces at a time.
- You can substitute the sea bass fillets with red / white snapper or Indian Salmon.