Make the most of Mango Season with a Steamed Mango Yogurt Pudding. The recipe uses a few ingredients and even lessor effort. Just follow the steps to the dot and you and your family will relish this smooth Steamed Mango Yogurt Pudding (read notes below).
Yield : 10 Servings
Prep. Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 25 to 30 Mins
[Standard Measure : 1 cup = 250 ml]
- Thick Curds [Dahi] (full cream) – 500 gms (check notes)
- Condensed Milk – 400 gms
- Mango Puree – ½ cup
- Butter – ½ tsp.
Step 1: Grease an eight inch mould with butter and keep aside.
Step 2: Whisk the curds, condensed milk and mango puree till smooth.
Step 3: Pour the whisked mixture into the mould and cover the mould with foil.
Step 4: Heat water in a pan and place a trivet or towel (check this recipe for more info, click here). Then place the filled mould and put a lid on and steam for 25 to 30 mins on low heat (the water should not come to a boil).
Step 5: When almost done, pierce with a knife/wooden skewer to check if done. The knife should come clean. The edges of the pudding will be shriveled and the centre will be a bit jiggly. Do not overcook as the pudding will curdle.
Step 6: Cool the mould to room temperature and then it to chill in the refrigerator. When well chilled, demould on a plate, cut and serve chilled.
- While steaming, there should be enough water to cover the bottom half of the mould.
- Do not bring the water to a boil. Use low heat.
- Check if the pudding is done as mentioned in the steps.
- Do not overcook.
- If you do not have thick curds, take 750 gms of curds in a sieve and set aside so that the extra liquids drain. Then use 500 gms of the thick curd.