Make the most of Mango Season with a Steamed Mango Yogurt Pudding. The recipe uses a few ingredients and even lessor effort. Just follow the steps to the dot and you and your family will relish this smooth Steamed Mango Yogurt Pudding (read notes below). (For more Pudding Recipes, click here and for more recipes using Mango, click here)
Yield : 10 Servings
Prep. Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 25 to 30 Mins
[Standard Measure : 1 cup = 250 ml]
- Thick Curds [Dahi] (full cream) – 500 gms (check notes)
- Condensed Milk – 400 gms
- Mango Puree – ½ cup
- Butter – ½ tsp.
Step 1: Grease an eight inch mould with butter and keep aside.
Step 2: Whisk the curds, condensed milk and mango puree till smooth.
Step 3: Pour the whisked mixture into the mould and cover the mould with foil.
Step 4: Heat water in a pan and place a trivet or towel (check this recipe for more info, click here). Then place the filled mould and put a lid on and steam for 25 to 30 mins on low heat (the water should not come to a boil).
Step 5: When almost done, pierce with a knife/wooden skewer to check if done. The knife should come clean. The edges of the pudding will be shriveled and the centre will be a bit jiggly. Do not overcook as the pudding will curdle.
Step 6: Cool the mould to room temperature and then it to chill in the refrigerator. When well chilled, demould on a plate, cut and serve chilled.
- While steaming, there should be enough water to cover the bottom half of the mould.
- Do not bring the water to a boil. Use low heat.
- Check if the pudding is done as mentioned in the steps.
- Do not overcook.
- If you do not have thick curds, take 750 gms of curds in a sieve and set aside so that the extra liquids drain. Then use 500 gms of the thick curd.