My mummy makes this crab preparation with zero oil. A few ingredients steamed in their own juices create a dish so awesome that is basic and retains all flavours of the crabs intermingling with the spiciness of the chillies and sweetness of the onions. Succulent! You definitely need to try out this Goan Crab Sukkem
Serves: 4 to 6 persons
Prep. Time: 20 Mins.
Cooking Time: 15 Mins.
- Black Crabs : 10 to 12 (small)
- Onion (chopped roughly) – 2 big
- Coconut (grated) – ½ cup or more
- Green Chillies / Fresh Red Chillies (slit) – 3 to 4
- Dry Red Chillies – 2 to 3
- Salt – ½ tsp. Or to taste
Step 1: Clean the crabs and break them into halves. Place them in a pan and add onion, dry and fresh red chillies, and ½ tsp. salt. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
Step 2: Add the grated coconut. Mix well and cover and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Switch off the heat and leave covered for a further 5 minutes before serving.